Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Poor Thing in the Bathroom

*As a heads-up, this post is not intended to mock or make fun of. Simply to inform of an event that I found slightly amusing and saddening.

So, today I was in the library on campus and I had to go to the bathroom. So I did. While relieving myself at the urinal, I had a bit of a surprise. First, the urinal that was flushed two down from mine overflowed. Needless to say, I was a little antsy, because I was pretty much anchored to the spot--you fellas know what I mean.

Then there was a second surprise. Someone came out of the stall behind me, and went to go wash their hands. And I honestly couldn't tell if it was a guy or a girl. Very ambiguous, very Pat. They (notice the gender-neutral pronoun) walked over to the sink to wash their hands, and were looking around uncomfortably. Manner of dress and hair were mostly girl-ish, but they were in the mens room. If it was a girl, I feel really bad for her. She may have come in without looking closely at the sign. Maybe there was no one else in there when she came in. And when she came out, all of a sudden--there were boys. Wow. Awkward.

But then again, maybe it was just a guy with long-ish hair who would look uncomfortable and out of place no matter where he was.

0 comments: