Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The only good use of autotune

I found this video today, and it made me really happy inside. For those who don't know, autotune is a cop out to make people who are not musically talented sound like they are. :) Basically it's meant to "fix" small off-key slip ups. A lot of artists overuse it, and then they don't have to sing well, because the machine does it for them. Case in point, the scientists in this video are simply speaking, yet this sounds like it could be on a hip hop or electronica station.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Bill Nye rocks.

Bradwich said...

*You* rock.

JTENMAN said...

Could only watch a minute of this video. It was giving me a headache.

Mandy said...

Ha ha ha this is so funny.
Maybe I do have a career in vocal performance after all.

Nancy and Spencer said...

i like it. It reminds we why I chose a dual career in science and vocal performance.

Julie said...

Reminds me of the blog post Spence did of the infomercials. Yeah, I can only take so much of it.

Darin said...

That device would really improve my family's singing time together. We sound more like a barnyard, though.:P