Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Monday, March 24, 2008

Testing (and a few random thoughts)

So I've decided to try something new. Rather than just having a song stuck in my head, you can listen to the songs of the moment, too! I'm just starting to play with this feature, so let me know what you think. Is placement ok? Does the player work for you? Do you like the music? Do tell.

I got my grade for my research paper back, and it's probably the best I've ever had on a paper. I'm glad that I'm taking a writing class this semester, because it's helped me gain more confidence in my writing. I've also learned to write more gooder.

Happy Easter.

Jess and I weeded one of our three small growboxes on Saturday, and it was fabulous to be out in the sun and working with dirt and plants with my sweetie. I love spring! We left a few plants that grew spontaneously, and we're excited to see what they turn out to be. Hopefully they're flowers and not weeds.

Had and Jeanette (Jess's sister and brother-in-law) came through Provo on their way home from southern Utah. We went out to dinner at Bajio with them and Lucy and Zeke and had a great time. Lucy and Zeke are probably some of the cutest kids ever. And the chicken stuffed quesadilla with sweet green chiles and stuff (that's what Jess called it) was positively scrumptious. I couldn't even save some for tomorrow's lunch because I had to eat it all right then.

On a more spiritual note, Jess prepared a great FHE tonight that involved reading the part of the April Ensign with the testimonies about Christ from each of the presidents of the church. I think my favorite was Pres. Kimball, who said of Jesus, "He is my friend." I love that idea, and it means a lot to hear that coming from a prophet. I want Jesus to be my friend (and to be his) in the same way.

5 comments:

Maren said...

Great post Brad! It's fun to hear what you and Jess are up to. And I love the song of the moment idea. I like your current one. Very fun stuff. And congrats on your paper. Have a great day!

Jen Bowen said...

Yeah for updates. I'm glad your research paper turned out so well. Sometimes I wish the grade correlated with how much time you spent on the paper since I'm probably the slowest writer ever.

President Spencer referring to Jesus as his friend is a really cool thought. Wouldn't it be great if we all took as much time to get to know the Savior as we do our other friends?

Darin said...

I like the idea of having a song of the moment! I am a big fan of good music. Where did you get the music link from?

I was also in the sun working in my garden over the weekend and I can really relate. It has been nice to get out and enjoy some lately.

Bradwich said...

Darin--I hosted the mp3 on google pages under my google account. I found someone who had the little flash player and I hosted a copy of that, too. A little bit of html wizardry and kaboom--music to listen to. It's pretty simple, and I'm pleased with the results thus far.

Jess said...

I love what you've done with your song(s) of the moment!

I'm so proud of you and your excellent research paper writing skills! That's why I put the grading sheet of it on the fridge! Alright!