Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Friday, April 24, 2009

Surprise!

So, yesterday morning I would have expected this post to be about how glad I am that the MCAT is over. But things changed. I got an email yesterday afternoon from Prometrics (the people that run the testing centers for these big graduate school tests) saying that tomorrow's proctoring of the exam was cancelled. I was rather incredulous. All of this work, all of my psyching up, and for... nothing?

I called up the phone number that was listed in the email, and after waiting almost half an hour, I explained my predicament to the guy on the other end. He was very helpful, and we were able to get me scheduled for May 28th at noon at a testing location in Salt Lake. It sounded like they had to pull some strings but everything is on track, just with a new date.

My feelings on the matter: mixed. I was pumped and ready to take the test and be done with it. I was kind of upset yesterday. On the other hand, I get an extra month to study for the test, and I get to take it at noon instead of 8am. Also fortunate is that they were able to reschedule me before it gets too late in the application cycle--if they tried to reschedule my test for late June or July, I would have been fairly angry.

So anyways, thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. Keep 'em going for another month. :)

5 comments:

K P said...

Been thinking about you. Hope the new date will work better for you! :)

Mandy said...

Oh Punjab. I love your guts.

Nancy and Spencer said...

Maybe it wasn't meant to be. Perhaps you have something to learn in the next month that will help you for the big test.
Either way... buena suerte primo! Don't forget to eat fish the day before... brain food ya know. ha ha

kelli said...

I love you, Bradley!! So much that you get a *raspberry on your face*!!! Lucky you :)

Jen Bowen said...

It's nice to get extra study time but having the test hanging over your head even longer is no fun. Good luck keeping up the studying steam so you can do even better than you would have!