Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Song of the moment

Thanks everyone who participated in the poll. It was interesting (and somewhat disappointing) to see the results: 3 people HAD listened to the song of the moment at least once, and 9 people never had. So now I have a few more questions...

If you HAVE listened before, why did you? What did you think? Would you like to see more of any particular thing?

If you HAVEN'T, why not? Do you only view the blog view Google Reader or something similar? Do you think I have crappy taste in music (/are you just not interested)? Are you reading at work, so you can't listen to anything?

And for both parties: any reason to keep it alive? If I were to continue this little blog feature, should I do anything differently (update it more, help you discover new bands, etc)? What would make you listen or cause you to be interested?

Any additional thoughts, comments, ideas and jokes are welcome and requested. Thanks!

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What I intended to say before is that the current song is "White Room," a song I already own. Therefore, I did not listen to it on your website. Also, it has been up for as long as I can remember. That's my reason!

ldsjaneite said...

Well, sometimes I am at work, so I shouldn't listen. Other times, well....I just know that I am not really much of a fan of other people's music--and they are certainly not fans of mine! If I recognized the group name (which would be a rarity anyhow!), I might listen at another time. I think you should keep it up. If anything so that some time there might be a song I'll want to listen to. But mostly because it makes your blog more personal, more you. Plus, I haven't figured out how to add such a thing to my blog! :-)

Jess said...

I think you should keep it, but just update it more often.

Jen Bowen said...

My reason for not listening is because I check peoples' blog via google reader so I don't usually see the details on blogs.

kelli said...

I listened once. Cause I felt bad for not... So Yes! I voted once. :) Buuttt, I usually just don't cause I look at people's blogs to see if there's an update. If yes, I read it. If no, I move on quickly. Don't think to look at/listen to much else. Too much time... ha ha. Lub you!

If it was up to me, I'd say either lose it or change your blog background to a color that will match... Cause right now the little feature just clashes with everything else and is an eyesore!

Julie said...

I have to laugh at Kelli's comment. I also listened (once) before I voted on your little survey. I usually don't pay attention to the song of the moment because it didn't seem to change very often. Love ya!