Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Super Special Thursday Post!

Here it is!

Item the second:  some weeks ago, I went to a picnic dinner up the canyon with some family and a few friends.  We had some yummy rotisserie chicken, rolls, jello salad, etc.  After we ate, we did a little geocaching (and found the cache, because dad is so good at it) and walked past a small reservoir on our way back to our picnic site.  My brother and I had been looking for and collecting flat rocks for skipping on the water.  After we finished tossing our rocks, my dad proposed a competition (as he is prone to do).  Floating about 40 or 50 feet out on the water was a line of white pipes, which help block detritus from flowing down the spillway and continuing to wherever the water goes.  The challenge was to find five rocks and throw them at the floaters, and whoever hit the pipes would win.


Dad went first, slowly getting closer with each throw, but never quite getting there.  Then Jordan took his turn--his rocks landing just on either side of the floaters.  Jeff, a family friend, went next and hit the pipes with one of his tosses.  Then it was my turn.  I hit it with three of my five rocks, and ended up with the high score.  I was very proud of myself

0 comments: