Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another week, another test

First off, thanks everyone for their kind words on the last post.  I'll be remediating the exam the week after Thanksgiving, and I'll be spending half an hour per day going over stuff from that particular block to make sure I'm ready for it.

At OSU we have the option of two different pathways for our learning to take during our first two (pre-clinical) years.  We face the choice in a few months, and in the meantime we get to sample both.  We have 3 blocks of anatomy that each take about 4 weeks--these are set up with daily lectures and a packet of lecture learning objectives.  On Friday we finished up our independent study pathway sample, which was a week of epidemiology and biostatistics.  There were no lectures to attend, we were simply bought a book, were given a packet of information, and were expected to learn it all for the test at the end of the week (it's a short unit).

This most recent test went much better than the first.  I passed easily, which is nice.  Tomorrow we jump back into anatomy, and I'm going to be careful to not fall behind like last time.  If I had to choose between the two pathways right now, I would probably go with the independent study (because of the better experience).  We'll see how that opinion is affected by the next few weeks.

Wish me luck.

1 comments:

kelli said...

GOOD LUCK, Bradleh.
May you have a better experience this time around. :) Kick some butttt.