Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Parasitology Flashback

During my undergrad, I took a course in parasitology, or the study of parasites.  While this class didn't provide me with a lot of information I can use (outside of cool small talk, unless I visit third world countries), it was hands down one of the most interesting classes I have ever taken.  One of the creepy critters we learned about was called Dicrocoelium dentriticum, and it has one of the craziest life-cycles of any organism ever.  The comedic genius at The Oatmeal has illustrated said life-cycle.  Please enjoy.


And that pretty much sums up one of the coolest pieces of knowledge in my head.  Special thanks to The Oatmeal for helping spread (hehe) something so crazy awesome.  Well played, Captain, indeed.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Haha, your labels for this post are funny too. And what did your song of the moment do to be put in "time-out"? :D

Also, my word verification is viaststi. That sounds like a parasite of some kind.

kelli said...

hahahaha. Loved it. Thanks.

Bradwich said...

Unfortunately, I ran into some issues with copyright stuff. The song of the moment may be finito.