Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Epic fail

'Tis a sad story indeed that I share with you tonight.  Our first exam was last Friday, and it went well for many people.  Alas, I am not included in the privileged group of "many people."  That's right, I have failed my first test ever.  While I'm not proud of the fact, I am glad that it was only by 4 point (got 66%), and I can't say that it was totally unexpected.

My study habits were not up to snuff--in fact, I hardly studied at all during my first two weeks of class.  This resulted in four days of crazy cramming, which (obviously) did not do the job.  So I had to meet with an academic advisor today and we made a game plan (or rather, she wrote down the plan that I had already formulated before I knew about said meeting).  I have already been doing much better this week with the new unit, and will continue to implement my improved study skills and discipline for next week and onwards.  I also plan to spend about half an hour per day studying stuff from that first unit so that I'll be ready for the remediation after Thanksgiving weekend.

So, word to the wise: give your course material the time that it needs, even if you don't think it needs it.

4 comments:

Jess said...

You sure have been working hard this past week - I'm proud!

Also, I like your sad trombone tag. You're cute.

Mandy said...

Oh brother. You'll do great. Sorry bout the fail, but I bet while it was the first, it will be the last.

Love ya!

kelli said...

I'm with Mand!

And such wise counsel.. Alas, in lieu of recent events, I only realized I have a test tomorrow, today.. and have been studying like mad to prepare. For about 5 hours. And really should get back on it. Hopefully I don't have the same sad story...But I wouldn't be surprised..

Better luck next time! Lub you, brudder.
P.S. Memoirs of a Guisha was awesome. You should see "Conalit"a Rice's speech on the movie. Nothing to do with politics, but it was awesome.
...haaa....

Christian said...

Oh man. Well, look on the bright side, that's one more life experience that you can cross off of your bucket list. Some of us have crossed it off over and over, don't be like us.

Also, I'm glad that you have gone with an amazing song like "tighten up" to bring back SOTM. I love the Black Keys. I got to see them at the twilight concert series last year and it was amazing, it was like sitting in on a jam session. Plus the music video for "Tighten Up" is pretty funny.