Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Costco Trips

I love Costco--they have great stuff in bulk for cheap.  They give food samples.  They have a tasty food court.  And where else can you buy a package of toilet paper that weighs more than you do?

We went there on Friday for date night (how romantic!) and picked up all of those aforementioned things.  We got a delicious pizza for ten bucks that's much bigger and much tastier than the Hot and Readys at Little Caesar's.  We also got a yummy tub of cookie dough, ostensibly for baking, but really just for snacking on out of the fridge (yum).

So here's two more things about Costco that I wanted to share with you.

1. Costco milk in Ohio comes in a different shaped jug.  Totally weirded me out the first time I saw it.  But hey, they're stackable!

H/t The Brown's Sanitarium



2. "Pat".  At our local Costco gas station, there is one attendant that we have seen every. single. time. we've filled up.  Like the SNL character, "Pat" (not the real name, so as to protect the innocent and ambiguous) is of indeterminate gender.  Pat's name is one that is usually a female name, but spelling would allow it to be a male's name, too.  Pat's build is completely ambiguous, but skinnily so rather than SNL's fatty.  Hair? Ponytail.  Voice?  Sounds like Shawn from the early seasons of Boy Meets World.  Most of this wouldn't bother me so much if Pat weren't so chatty.  At least half of my visits to the pump consist of awkwardly conversing with a person that wants to come across as a woman, but all of my senses are screaming to me is a man.  And the pump just doesn't seem to pump fast enough.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm guessing transgender.

Jess said...

Oh that chatty Patty. :)

ldsjaneite said...

OK. I had a crush on Rider Strong when I was little, but this may have wiped away any residual traces. :-)

I didn't realize CostCo had milk in jugs NOT like that!!

kelli said...

They're STACKABLE?? Amazing. I will need to see proof.
Who has a fridge that tall, though, to support stacked milk? Seriously.
Oh, Pat. Sounds like a gem! Ya know, I haven't seen Manny in awhile.. Maybe "she" headed out for Ohio, too! That would be so great. Keep your eyes peeled for pleather mini skirts! ..Maybe on Pat? Yesssss
I might "paysmi" some money to see that.
Ok. I wouldn't. But good word verification, no?:)

Bradwich said...

@Derrick: unfortunately, I think you're right on the nose.

@Jess: Yup, awkward.

@Heidi: Back in Utah, Costco had gallon jugs similar to normal ones you find at most any grocery store. This was mind blowing.

@Kelli: I think that I have a picture of them stacked. I'll have to pull it out to wow you. Or maybe just send it to you in a text ('cause it's on my phone). And I'd be okay if Manny isn't out here.