Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Excellent moment in testimony meeting

One of the guys who shared his testimony today said something very clever.  He likened medical school to the mortal portion of the plan of salvation:

"We come to Earth, receive a body, and get tested.  We come to medical school, receive a body, and get tested."

I let out what was probably the loudest laugh that I've ever produced in a chapel, and apparently (Jess said) about half the congregation turned to look.  I hadn't noticed, because I was too busy being entertained.  An excellent Sunday today.  I only wish I had been clever enough to think of it first.

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Ha ha! That's funny to imagine, though I think I've let out a couple of laughs like that beforemyself. Today I was trying not to laugh during the most sacred part of the meeting, as the organist pick settings that made the hymn sound like the music for an 80s computer game!

Julie said...

That's pretty good. I would have laughed too.

kelli said...

Haa!! I love it! And I can totally see you laughing and enjoying his wit. :) Miss you.
Maybe you could make good jokes as a ferestr...If trees were a better audience.