Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Big Trouble for Little Bradley

Image from Listicles

So I got a DMCA takedown notice [the most relevant info is about 1/3 of the way through the article] this past week for one of my songs of the moment.  I never expected that little old me would be a recipient of such a thing.  While I understand the desire of content owners to control said content, internally I chafe a little at not being able to share my music with my friends.  So for now, song of the moment takes a hiatus.

In other news, the big move is only two weeks away and the time is flying.  Anything we're wanting to do here in Utah (restaurants, sites to see, fun things with family, etc) needs to happen quick.  We've had a few get-togethers with some of Jess's friends, I finally went to lunch and a movie with my brother yesterday (his Christmas gift from us), next week I'll go on a hike with my sister, and we're planning a few dinners up the canyon.  It's turning out to be busier than expected.

The show my bro and I saw was Prince of Persia, and it was an entertaining summer movie.  Lots of exciting action and parkour, magic, mystery, betrayal, backstabbing, humor and even some romance.  It's made by Disney, but is rated PG-13 and probably too intense for those younger than teens.  End thoughts: I recommend it.

3 comments:

kelli said...

Huh. That's interesting. How did they find that you deserved it? Mostly just how did they find you, period? And you're right--time is flying by. I'm kind of sad about it.
Can I come on the hike too?? That sounds like fun. I'm gonna miss you guys!! lub you

Christian said...

Sometimes when the choice between pirates and ninjas comes up, I go with pirates just to mess with the RIAA. Copyright is such an outdated system. A necessary system, yes, but one that needs some serious revision to accommodate the vastly different trends of modern media. Well Brad. Enjoy the fight. Maybe you'll just have to provide a link to a stream or something. The Hype Machine tends to have most songs available for stream.

Also, my SOTM right now is Radiohead's Reckoner from their album In Rainbows. I had heard it remixed a couple of time and then just fell in love with the original.

Bradwich said...

I used to be squarely in the pirate camp (in the pirates v. ninjas debate), but have lately leaned more towards ninjas. Something about their sweet samurai swords and invisibility is pretty darn sweet.

I agree with you about the copyright system, but have had a hard time thinking of good things to replace it with. Have you had any thoughts on the matter?