Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

King's English Bookshop

At a work retreat a few weeks ago, Jess won a couple of gift cards.  One was for Red Hanger, so we dry cleaned two of my ties that were really needing it.  The other (significantly more exciting one) was for the King's English Bookshop in Salt Lake City.  It sits at about 1500 East and 1500 South, and is a quaint little independent book seller.

Last weekend we wandered around the store for a couple hours and loved it!  The shop is in what was probably once a private home, and the whole place is filled with floor-to-ceiling shelves of books.  Heaven!  I felt little happy tingles as I sauntered past shelves and handled some of the wares.  We ended up buying Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (which I'm saving for our road trip and after) and Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.

Check this place out--as an independent local business, they could use the support.  Too bad we're leaving in a couple weeks.




SotM: Sarah McLachlin - Blackbird



2 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

You do make my heart so happy when you talk of your love of books. I love bookstores--especially used ones. For her last birthday, I gave my friend a trip to used bookstores where all we did was walk and talk books.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the sweet description of our store. And we're sorry you're leaving, too!