Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Music Question

Well, Google changed the way their webhosting works--instead of Google pages, they have developed Google sites.  Still easy to make a webpage for oneself, but I haven't been able to find a way to host some of my files there like I had done before.  This is relevant because this was how I provided the song of the moment on my blog (before the redesign).  It stopped working with the Google transition, and so there has been no song of the moment for some time now.

So here's the question: does anyone care?  Is that a feature that anyone enjoyed (or would have if it had been updated more frequently)?  I have a couple of ideas brewing for how to re-institute it (Dropbox or gDocs being the two biggies), though it wouldn't look any different than before.  Would any particular change(s) make it better / more user-friendly / cooler / more used?

Leave me your thoughts in the comments.  I may even bring it back if no-one ever used it, as I enjoy spreading a little music love (even if it's just to myself).

5 comments:

JTENMAN said...

I hardly ever come to your blog (just use RSS typically) - when did you change the theme?

Since I don't come here often, I typically didn't see the music so to me whatever works. When I did come, I typically listened though, so keep it going.

Mandy said...

Hmmm to be honest I didn't really listen to it all that often, mostly for the same reason: RSS feed.

I like the idea though.

kelli said...

I usually check your blog while doing other things, where sound is not an option. Thusly songs rarely get listened to. And we have a different taste in music. So it's like.. ya know.
haha. Lub you!

Jess said...

I think it'd be fun if you instituted it again... but maybe this time you could just put it at the top of each post so those with RSS feeds can still see your song of the moment (and listen if they so desire) each time you blog. Does that make sense?

Nancy and Spencer said...

I do like your song of the moment. A lot actually. I enjoy your taste of music... for what its worth. :)