Song of the Moment

- absent for the moment -

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sick.

I took a dare tonight, and it was a foolish idea. Jess and I were just taking our Vitamin A/D and cod liver oil capsules, and Jess dared me to bite into it. It's something that I had contemplated before, but never actually done. Now, the dare itself wasn't enough to get me to do it--I don't often succumb to dares, because they are often silly (or stupid). But she said she'd do it, too. So we both popped one in and chewed on it for a minute. Those things took a couple of good chomps to get through to the juicy middle. And once you do... wow. It's like a fish-flavored Gusher. We had already brushed our teeth and everything, and then we had to do it again. Sick.

5 comments:

K P said...

LOL!!!

Nick said...

I've always wondered what those were like. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Maren said...

My mom would gather us kids around her everynight before bed, poke a hole in one of those suckers, and put a drop onto each of our tongues. I know, I know, most parents read to their children at night. Our bedtime ritual was a cod liver oil drop. However, sometimes we were lucky and had stuffy noses. Then we got a Sudafed after the oil. That was back in the day when they had a faint taste of cinnamon. Sometimes that would help.

I'll have you know I've repressed that memory since childhood and now it's all flooding back!

I love my mom.

But Jess totally knew what she/you were getting into!

Julie said...

That is so sick! I can't stand fishy anything so I think I would have thrown up. When I was little my mom stopped making me eat fish because it would come up every time. It just automatically engaged the gag reflex and I could not keep it down. I've heard stories about my parents giving the kids a spoonful of cod liver oil on occasion. I think that's before your mom and I came along, thank goodness!

Jen Bowen said...

All I have to say is...ew. At least you both went through with it!